My morning glories are growing very, very slowly. Any advice?

+4
  • Ellis Ellis on Jul 01, 2018
    Try Miracle-Gro. Mix with water and use it on the plants.

• Nob33609434 Nob33609434 on Jul 04, 2018
      I did that. They are growing though and no sign of pests or illness which is good.

• Mimi Mimi on Jul 01, 2018
    Be very very patient😉

Yes you are right. I'm putting some extra trellis in the planter though. I was thinking maybe the vines are having trouble gripping on. There is a sundowner breeze that always seems to unwind them from the main trellis.

• Dmotan Dmotan on Jul 02, 2018
    Use 10 10 10 fertilizer diluted greatly and water with it every week.

• Debbie King Debbie King on Jul 04, 2018
    My grandma always used string for the tiny tendrils to hold on to. White twine from Walmart. She would tack finishing nails above and below the wood on her porch and then she would unwind the twine as she went winding twice around each nail zig zagging from bottom to top until her side of the porch end looked like diamond shapes. The morning glories loved it and took off then took over in a fashion that became natural art. She fed them egg shells , coffee grounds and bagged black dirt on a regular basis , once or twice a week i remember.