My organic tomatoe plants keeps blooming but fruit has not developed.

+2
I've read you can blow the blossom or shake them. Tired them both. The plant continues to grow and bare Flores I must have at least thirty flower on this plant. I will say it did give me four tomatoes at first but none afterwards. Please give me some guidence
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 10, 2017
    Sounds like they are lacking phosphorous. Have you given them any fertilizer at all?

• Kristice Douse Kristice Douse on Jun 10, 2017
      Yes I have. I'm not a first timer. this the first time it has happen to me. I've given the their food coffee grounds egg shells grounded up. I've even started with baking soda and espom salts in the dirt. Organic solid ,Mixec with potting soil for drainage. Now I'm give them organic fertilizer. Not much just a table spoon. I've had to repot this plant twice cause it's going like a weed. I've trimmed it inside and out to let the sun get through the leaves. Its even jumped to another plant and took off rooting. Now I have two and now this one is budding in less than three weeks. Should I try the phosphorus still. Thanks for the suggestion

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 11, 2017
    I would give them some fertilizer again.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jun 11, 2017
    Kristice, It sounds like you have a plant gone crazy & wild! (Just kidding, hope that gave you a chuckle) I have tried to grow tomatoes, in pots only, and it was a dud so I'm NOT an expert. I was thinking as I was reading "Is it possible that there is too much fertilizer?" I truly think you would be a better judge of that but it certainly seems like a lot that is giving the plant growth. Is it possible that it's not the right kind to turn the flower into fruit? Or is it possible there is too much of one nutrient? I found a website that said that too much nitrogen can cause lush green leaves but not much fruit. Is that a possibility? Here's the website, maybe you can find some help there.

HTH

• Alradborn Alradborn on Jun 12, 2017
    I agree there might be too much fertilizing going on. I'd check for pest since you didn't mention if the flower is staying on the vine or not, some bugs like to chew off flowers. If you have a small paint brush gently tickle the pollen and transfer it back and forth between flower heads.