Why don't my peonies flower?

+2
They were not getting enough sun. I split them un to see whic would be the best spot. NOTHING but leaves!
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 26, 2017
    When did you transplant them?

• Sandie Rock Sandie Rock on May 28, 2017
    Just use triple 10 on any plant that doesnt bloom. Use sparingly.

• Barbara Gallyot Barbara Gallyot on May 28, 2017
    When u plant Peonies, each root should have 3 eyes, and don't plant too deep. Needs full sun. Usually does not bloom the first year.

• Marylou Marylou on May 28, 2017
    Yes, usually takes 2 years to blosum. Live them In my garden

• Nancy Wilson Nancy Wilson on May 28, 2017
    I just transplanted 3 peony shoots from some beautiful heritage plants that the town mower cut down two years in a row. I finally took the initiative and split one of the four bushes to get my shoots. Then I protected two of the original bushes with mulch and clear markings so the mower wouldn't run them over again. The last one didn't make it. It's a shame because those bushes survived for about 50 years through floods and droughts and every sort of snow depth you can imagine but cutting them down so the roots never get sun almost killed them all. The two originals came back this year with one or two buds per bush. The new shoots are doing very well. None of them will bloom until the next year or two. Look for the ants on the buds because this is how the buds open....so if you see them crawling on the bush don't use pesticide! They are supposed to be there.