Why no tomatoes, should I give up?

+3
Every spring I buy tomato plants "Better buy's and ever year they produce no tomatoes. They grow tall but no tomatoes. Why?
  • Marie Miller Marie Miller on Jun 19, 2017
    Are they getting enough sunlight? If they are planted in a shady spot, they will be beautiful plants , but no tomatoe!

• DORLIS DORLIS on Jun 19, 2017
    Do they get enough sun? also, they drink a lot of water to make those juicy fruits.

• Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on Jun 19, 2017
    I was thinking the same...they need a minimum of 8 hours full sun.

• Willowsverge Willowsverge on Jun 19, 2017
    To help them get more water, plant them very deep. It helps them get more water in dryer times. I dig a hole when i plant them, then fill in the hole as the plant grows. 2/3rds gets planted. All along the stem the plants will grow roots.

Also you shouldnt replant tomatoes in the same place as last year. You can also put a red plastic tablecloth (i get mine at dollar tree ) around the plants. I lay it down and just put holes in for my plants leaving some room for rain to get in. For some reason they like it and it will also help reduce water evaporation.

• Bre Bre on Jun 19, 2017
    Do you have plenty of bees. If not try a product called blossom set. It does what the bees would do.