After my bulbs bloom should I leave them in the ground.what do I do wi

+2
bulbs in pots.
  • Wally seeley Wally seeley on Jun 10, 2017
    if the bulbs are in pots plant them in the garden and let the tops die off do not cut them off this makes the food for next years flowers if they are already in the ground do the same and let the leaves die naturally

• Donna Donna on Jun 10, 2017
    Usually leave them in the ground and in a year or two you can seperate the bulbs. Donna

• Elaine Elaine on Jun 10, 2017
    Are you referring to Spring flowering bulbs such as tulips and daffodils? If so, yes, leave them where they are if you like their current locations in your garden. Be sure to NOT cut back the dying leaves. They will gradually turn yellow and/or brown. It's very tempting to want to cut off the decaying leaves as they look messy but the decaying leaves are supplying the bulb with energy for the following year so it's important to leave them alone. In time, the leaves will completely lay flat on the soil and start to rot and at that point, it's usually okay to gently remove them from the plant. (It's fine to cut the stalk that holds the flower; just don't cut the leaves off.)

• Elaine Elaine on Jun 10, 2017
    PS: oh, I forgot to reply on your question re bulbs in pots. When I am gifted with any bulbs (in pots), I continue to water occasionally (once a week) until the leaves turn yellow. I then gradually ease up on the watering until the plant looks dead. I remove the bulb and put it in a paper bag and usually store it in the garage and then plant it in the Fall. Hope this helps.