At what stage should I pick my home grown tomatoes?

They are green at the moment but they have been on the vine for a couple of weeks. When should then start to turn red ? Thanks.
  • Shoshana Shoshana on May 29, 2017
    Smaller fruits will ripen faster. Temperature will also affect how long it takes for them to turn red. They need temperatures between 50-85 degrees F for the chemicals that turn your tomatoes red to act. There aren’t too many things a gardener can do to hurry the ripening process up on tomatoes that are still on the plant. Mother Nature can’t be easily controlled and she plays a major role in how quickly tomatoes turn red.

• Linda Linda on May 30, 2017
      . I'll just wait and stop worrying about them. Thanks so much.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on May 30, 2017
    If they are only a couple of weeks old they probably haven't reached there final mature size. They won't start to turn until after they are done growing up. Tomatoes will grow in their own time, just be patient and give them the loving care they need and you will be rewarded!