Can anyone help me figuring out this plant?

+2
I was given a plant and I don't know if it is an outside or inside plant, whether it is an annual or perennial. It is about 4 1/2 -5 inches tall with flowers that are
about an inch in diameter. The flowers have purple petals that are outlined in
white and have yellow centers. The leaves remind me of oak leaves. Need I say more. Can anyone help me with this plant?
Mary Watson

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jun 14, 2018
    Would you be able to put a picture up of the plant? It would really help us to help you identify the plant. Thanks!

• Cindy Cindy on Jun 14, 2018
    Hi Mary Jane, I have been trying to visualize the plant you are describing. I wonder if it's a pansy. They have the yellow centers and they also have different colors as edging. I'm not sure about the leafs though. Take a look at a picture of a pansy on Google to see if that's your plant. If it , water it regularly and fertilize it once a month. Also, very important, the more deadheads you pick off, more will grow in its place. I hope you find this info helpful. p.s. pansies are annuals.

• Jeanette S Jeanette S on Jun 15, 2018
    Oh My! We need a photo!

• Sue Hill Sue Hill on Jun 15, 2018
    There is a similar plant called a clown flower (TORENIA FOURNIERI). I've used it in containers, but it is shade tolerant so it can be planted outdoors. I don't know about zones. https://gardenerspath.com/plants/flowers/grow-torenia/

• Mary Jane Mary Jane on Jun 15, 2018
    I know it is not a pansy. I found a name on the plant, it is Fleurette. I am not able to send a picture sorry. Mary Jane