Can I move black eyed susan right now ?

+3
  • Nancy Eaton McEwen Nancy Eaton McEwen on Jun 19, 2017
    I never move anything until the flowering period is over. Normally if I transplant, I do it in the fall.

• Lbe24220295 Lbe24220295 on Jun 19, 2017
    Most blackeyed susans are annuals. Moving maybe a wate of time. But if you do move them cut back to 3 or 4 i ches above ground.

• Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on Jun 19, 2017
    I have also successfully transplanted in the spring, but it is probably too late for this year if your area is already getting summer like temperatures. If you are desperate to move it now, just ensure that you get a big chunk of dirt with the roots and plant the whole lot in the new space. You need to keep watering well and understand that you might not get any flowers this year.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 19, 2017
    The recommending transplanting time for perennials,bulbs,shrubs and trees is mid September

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jun 19, 2017
    I would wait a bit..fall will be more ideal

• Jhmarie Jhmarie on Jun 20, 2017
    I moved some which had seeded themselves in a spot did not want them. I left them last year, but it was not a good spot, and I moved one chunk about three weeks ago. They survived and hopefully will flower. I moved another bunch a week ago and it has been very hot. They are still alive, but I am unsure if they will flower. Fall is best if you can, but I had to either move these or pull them up like weeds.