Can l replant hostas?

+6
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 27, 2017
    Transplanting should really be done in mid september ,however if you have to transplant now make sure it is done before the heat of the day to avoid any further stress.

• Absolutely! They can also be split if large enough too. Just dig up carefully and move to its new home! Best done in early morning or late afternoon.

• Marcie Marcie on May 27, 2017
    Absolutely!! They split very well, and transplant easily! I put a little epsom salt in the hole where the plant will go. It helps the re-root a bit easier.

• Amy Amy on May 27, 2017
    yes!

• Rhonda Childs Rhonda Childs on May 27, 2017
    Yes! They are very hardy!

• Itsmemic Itsmemic on May 27, 2017
    you can not only transplant..you can stomp...drown...throw across the road..and Hostas come back thriving ! I gave up buying hanging plants every year only to have to get rid of them for winter. A friend of mine told me to put a small piec of my Hosta in a planter instead. This year? I have full lush beautiful Hostas in my hanging baskets...FREE !!! AND the best news is? I left them in the pots over the winter...just cut off the dead part to the dirt. And here it is..spring..and my plants are Beautiful. I never thought they'd grow back. I though they were dead !!

• Vondie Vondie on May 27, 2017
    Sure can! We're doing the same. Dividing them, too. Making lots of pots of them to give to family & friends as well!

• David Blevins David Blevins on May 27, 2017
    Hostas are GREAT -- easy to plant, transplant, splitting best in sprint when 1st appear (quarter/half with clean spade, take pieces with a bulb planter... - 1st year=sleep, 2nd=creep, 3rd=leap). Tho deer like to eat them - spray with Bobbex per directions and use snail bait if you have them.

• Ger23385279 Ger23385279 on May 27, 2017
    Thankyou all x