How can you tell if you are watering plants enough or not enough?

+2
  • Fsc19162333 Fsc19162333 on May 28, 2017
    Dryness and droopy leaves.

• Florent Florent on May 29, 2017
    It depends on the plant. Some doesn't need much water than few drops, and some need to be feet in water... Generally, when you touch the ground and feel it herd like a crust on the top, it's time to guive water. This is not true for suculent plants which need dry ground with only few drops of water otherwise it will die with too much water.

• FL FL on May 29, 2017
    My rule of them: yellow leaves mean too much water, brown leaves mean not enough water. I try to keep "like" plants with similar water needs together. Good luck!

• James James on May 29, 2017
    If the plant looks like it is drying up, it probably is. If the leaves are turning yellow, good chance you've given too much water. Generally, you want the soil to be moist but not damp.

• Suellen Hintz Suellen Hintz on May 29, 2017
    I have a device that I bought at Walmart that I stick into the soil and it measures moisture, showing a read-out of whether or not the plant needs watering or not. Very useful.