How do I mix the best soil for my Christmas cactus?

• DesertRose DesertRose on Jan 05, 2019

Cacti need a well draining soil. I would add some sand and in the bottom put stones and charcoal pieces about the size of gravel stones. Hope this helps for your pretty Christmas cactus. I miss having mine, but we do not have room in our smaller home.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Jan 05, 2019

A lightweight, well-drained soil is critical, so look for a commercial mix for bromeliads or succulents. You can also use a mixture of two-thirds regular potting soil and one-third sand. Don't put in too big of pot they do best when rootbound and not transplanted too much. Keep soil/plant dry then water thoroughly,keep in really bright light no sun,no drafts,don't like change being moved alot.

• Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Jan 06, 2019

a commercial potting soil for cacti/succulents -- and I drench every few months -- water until it flows out the bottom ( but don't let the plant sit in standing water); keep the leaves clean by gently wiping with a soft cloth, or for cacti with spines or hair, use a soft bristle brush --- keeping dust off the leaves allow them to 'breath' -https://www.bhg.com.au/how-to-clean-your-houseplants