How do I stop my plants/seeds from going squiggly before planting?

How do I stop my indoor plants/seeds from going squiggly before planting in my garden?

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Jan 10, 2019

Hi Bonnie a friend told me a trick last year to help her seedlings not get so leggy. One thing is to make sure that they get a ton of direct sunlight (so their not growing and reaching for it) and the other is to plant them in a tall enough container that as soon as they start coming up you can add more soil and continue burying them. That way their roots are really deep before you allow to grow outside of the soil.

• Judy Judy on Jan 10, 2019

If they are crowded the plants will do this as well.

They like room. Good luck taming the leggy plants.

• Bonnie Bowness Bonnie Bowness on Jan 11, 2019

Thank you so much for your wonderful tips.I will definitely try your suggestions.I really enjoy my plants, Its

scary when they go spindley.They seem to grow well, but I always think I am going to lose them before they get planted in my garden.I really appreciate your help and will let you know how they do.Your Hometalk friend Bonnie