How many different types of vegetables can you grow in a small yard?

+3
I have a small back yard and wish to grow any and all types of vegetables. Ideas of plants that work together in the soil would also be appreciate!
I have seen raised Hay type planters, but Feel those are not proper for long term gardening.
I woul love any and all ideas!
Thank you!
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on May 27, 2017
    Radishes, beets, green beans, peas can all be grown outdoors in Florida! Also, this article has some really good ideas specifically for Florida:

• Margaret Margaret on May 28, 2017
    You can grow most anything you want. Tomatoes, onions, sweet potatoes, corn, egg plant, many kinds of greens such as mustard and turnips that grow really fast, squash, in addition to what was mentioned above. It depends on how big of an area you have to plant and what you like to eat. Do you want to cultivate a flat area or make raised beds? I am from Pensacola and had huge gardens. It can be an enjoyable hobby, produce healthy foods to eat fresh and freeze... or a lot of work if you do not enjoy it. I love having gardens. You also have the option of planting fruit trees, berries and grapes. Have fun!

• Marcie Marcie on May 28, 2017
    Grow as much and whatever you like! I am building a veggie garden right now that has different squares, with paths around them for easier accessablity.
    I am doing it all with free stuff. With the right planning, this garden will look amazing, besides being really productive. Use as many rows or squares as you can!

• Dawna Dawna on May 28, 2017
    Marcie. Thank you for idea and encouragement!!

• Dawna Dawna on May 28, 2017
    Margaret thank you for ideas. I may try raised or boxed in garden areas. And I do plan on adding some fruit trees.
    I have a huge back yard. So I will be experimenting.

• Dawna Dawna on May 28, 2017
    Cori, Thank you thank you!!