How to care for Christmas cactus after it has bloomed.

+3
  • Kim Kim on Nov 30, 2017
    Here is a link to information for your plant

😊

• Joanna Smith Joanna Smith on Dec 01, 2017
    Southern exposure and don't water till it's dry, then water sparingly.

• Kauai Breeze Kauai Breeze on Dec 01, 2017
    I keep mine in a window where it gets morning sun and only water it when it is dry (sometimes every few weeks). In spring, I transplant it into a bigger pot if needed using a potting mix for cactus. Then I put it outside on my patio for the summer, watering when it really needs it. When fall comes around I bring it inside and put it back in the window. I give it about a teaspoon of time release fertilizer pellets and water it a little more frequently. Within a few weeks it will be ready to bloom. They need short days (no artificial lights at night) to bloom, so putting it in a bedroom until it's going to bloom helps.

• Julie White Julie White on Dec 01, 2017
    These are easy care ( just don’t over water!) and can get HUGE and drapey, over time in the proper conditions. You can hang it, or place it on a pedestal. You can prune it after blooming if it gets too big or it gets leggy from lack of sufficient light.

I looked at that Christmas Cactus care link. YIKES! Don’t let that scare you! They’re not that complicated. Just loosely follow those guidelines, such as no artificial light at night, cool temps, north facing window. I don’t do ANYTHING to mine and it blooms beautifully. Feeding will make it fuller for sure.

• Jeannie Taylor Holmes Jeannie Taylor Holmes on Dec 01, 2017
    I guess I never read instructions. I have 4 of them I've had for several years and I keep them in my bathroom with southern light, and I keep them wet all the time. They bloom from Nov to April. I have repotted them a few times with normal potting soil. Maybe I'm just lucky! LOL