I found some 2 year old plant bulbs. should I try putting them in ?

+2
I also have a very large citronelle plant. Can I start more cuts of it, water or soil ?
  • Tam13317878 Tam13317878 on Jun 17, 2017
    It can't hurt to try to grow them. If they have been in a relatively cool and dark place they're likely to be ok. At worst, no growth. Unsure about the citronella propagation.

• Just Retired Just Retired on Jun 17, 2017
    Yes I found tulip bulbs in the basement about that same age and they did fine. Nothing like a burst of Spring color

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 17, 2017
    If the bulbs were stored correctly they should be fine. for the citronella plant....www.gardengudes.com/93236-propagate-mosquito-plant.html

• Hea13612472 Hea13612472 on Jun 17, 2017
    You can cut shoots off of your citronella plant. Put them in water till they get some roots on them. Then just plant them in dirt and I'll grow beautifully. I do it all the time with mine I have like three or four of them. I bring them in the winter time the ones that make it make it.

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jun 17, 2017
    Definitely try! Cant hurt..