What should I do with my Rose bushes?

+3
I have been very sick and couldn't get out to prune my rose bush. What should I do now with my rose bushes? They are beyond crazy wild! They look terrible. I think I'm finally able to feel well enough to be back in my garden! My MOST FAVORITE place to be. Thank you for the opportunity to ask this question.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 02, 2017
    sorry to hear you have been ill. Do not prune them while flowering.It is best to wait until after they have finished flowering

• SandyG SandyG on Jun 02, 2017
    Wait till fall or you will not have many bloom next year. Let it go till blooming is over and then give it a good pruning.

• You can still deadhead the spent blooms and that will tidy them up a bit till time to prune. Check your area to see what the best time is to do this. Where I live it is between December to early February.

Sorry you have been ill, and hope you are in the mend now! I am with you, my yard is my favorite place too. 🤗

• Kathy Kathy on Jun 02, 2017
    Glad to hear you are doing better. Just deadhead for now, enjoy the beauty and get stronger.

Yes for sure a little at a time.Be well