I planted 2 hibiscus about 6 inches apart instead of 4 ft- bad idea?

+3
Was that a good idea?...never planted hibiscus before...
  • Art20885138 Art20885138 on Jun 04, 2017
    If the Hibiscus are planted too close together it will interfere with the size of the plant and blooming. Also Roots will compete for nutrients and moisture so you may want to keep them well-watered.

• Sharon Sharon on Jun 04, 2017
    Very bad idea. My friend has one and it gets about 6 feet in width each year. It is beautiful!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 04, 2017
    There are different Hibiscus ,which one was planted,Rose of sharon,perennial hibiscus or tropical hibiscus?

• Nancy Wilson Nancy Wilson on Jun 05, 2017
    I planted a tropical hibiscus. How big can I expect it to get and do I have to bring it in every winter? (Central PA, fairly moderate winters).

• Ellis Ellis on Jun 05, 2017
    If possible, dig them up and carefully separate the roots, then replant at the proper distance from each other, or in two different places on your property.

• Bernadette Staal Bernadette Staal on Jun 05, 2017
    If all else fails - I say leave them. They may grow well together and then you will have plenty of blooms. It will be particularly exciting if you have two different colours as it will look like they are from one bush. If you have to cut one out.