Late bulb bloomers?

I just bought some tulips and dandelion bulbs on post season clearance. What is the best way to take care of them to for them to bloom in the spring? Should I plant them in a washtub or something to give them a jump start indoors since the ground is frozen right now?

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 08, 2018
    Yes you could do that and enjoy them inside this year....or plant out later.

• Inetia Inetia on Jan 08, 2018
    I‘ve never heard of dandelion bulbs but if you meant daffodil bulbs I know that both daffodil and tulip bulbs are planted in fall because they have to go through a period of chilling to bloom, They have to be planted before the ground freezes. If it’s too late for you to do that, you could wrap them, individually, in paper towels and store them in a cold, but not freezing, dark place till the soil is thawed. Then plant and water them in. Throw away any that are moldy. I’ve never done this so I dont know how they’ll do, but I do know that early chilling is how bulbs are forced to bloom at Christmas time.

• Kris Martin Lowe Kris Martin Lowe on Jan 08, 2018
    Thanks for the help. And yes they were daffodils.... happy Monday!