My flowerbed continues to get pests and I doesn't have adequate nutrit

+2
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 15, 2017
    What kind of pests?

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 15, 2017
    Are you using mulch? That seems to cause disease in some of my plants.

A great resource that I have used and highly recommend .....is your local Cooperative extension. These offices are manned by a wonderful team of master gardeners that know your local situation quite well. There's also email ( submit a photo) Q&A resources that have helped me many times. Consider googling up your local extensions office.

Do an internet search ask garden expert and your state ———you'll find.......

”Fill out the Ask an Expert form below to submit your question. An Extension Master Gardener will reply via email within 48 hours. Please provide as much relevant detail as possible. If you attach photos, please ...”

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 16, 2017
    Contact your county Agricultural Extension Cooperative. Get a soil test done through them before you add things to your soil it doesn't need. Capture bugs - in pictures - take them to their office. They will assist you in getting the garden you envision. Everyone there is so helpful and knowledgeable about their area.

• Maggy Maggy on Dec 16, 2017
    Got gophers or moles? Go to hairdresser and get hair clippings. It makes the leaves more lush (by adding nitrogen to the soil) and these underground guys don't like getting it on them so they stay away. Mix into your dirt as evenly as you can, the hair, compost or manure, sand if the dirt is heavy like clay, in the whole planting area, beyond where you think the roots of your plants will be, because you want the plants to expand and grow. A small area gives small plants, larger area bigger plants.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 16, 2017
    What kind of pests. Most pest be they bugs or critters you can never really eliminate just because it is outdoors where they can get to the garden anytime. We need to know what kind of pest to help you. Take a sample of your soil from a few different places in the garden to your extension and they can test it and tell you what you need to get the garden soil healthy. I always add broken down leaves and grass that were in the garden from the last year. You can also add garden soil or potting soil, sterilized manure, fertilizer, lots of organic material to your garden. Just what do you have planted in your garden and why do you think it is nutritionally deficient?