My hibiscus leaves are turning yellow. What is wrong?

+3
I keep it in its original pot on the front porch so it gets sunlight. I have water in the dish around the bottom of the pot. I have moved it away from the window and back and nothing is working.
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jun 04, 2017
    Overfertilizing is a common cause of leaf yellowing in hibiscus, because of the shock it causes to the plant. Feed plants lightly and regularly, rather than heavily. I found some sources recommending occasionally supplementing your hibiscus with a very weak vinegar solution to lower the pH. I’ve never tried this but it could be helpful if your water is alkaline. Extremely poor soil can also cause hibiscus leaf yellowing due to nutrient deficiency. If the leaves are turning yellow with green veins, a condition called chlorosis, it’s a sign of nutrient (usually mineral) deficiency.

• Julie Julie on Jun 04, 2017
    It may need feeding.

• Julie Julie on Jun 04, 2017
    Water crystals r also good as they hold the moisture more .Less watering.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 04, 2017
    It most likely needs re-potting. Hibiscus are heavy feeders so once established give it some water soluable fertilizer .That will take place of watering for the day.

• Eloise Eloise on Jun 04, 2017
    Saw this video that talks about yellow leaves on hibiscus plants: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNp4WlOb81U