Can I pull out my bulbs now that they stopped growing?

+2
I'd like to know if I can pull out my bulbs now that they stopped growing I do not want to kill or shock them but if I remove them the other plants will have room to grow they are perennials by the way thank you

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Jul 03, 2018

Yes you can. Just trim back roots and the dry outer layers. Put the bulbs on a tray to dry for about a day and dust lightly with sulphur. You should be able to get some at the garden centre. It helps prevent fungal rot. Place the bulbs in paper bags or nets in a dry, cool place

• Morgan McBride Morgan McBride on Jul 03, 2018
    I leave mine in the ground and they come back year after year.

• Barbara Baldwin Barbara Baldwin on Jul 03, 2018
    Only after the stalks have died and turned brown

• Joanna - Gingham Gardens Joanna - Gingham Gardens on Jul 03, 2018
    Hi there. Depending what kind of bulbs you're referring to and what gardening zone you're in, it probably isn't necessary to remove the bulbs at all. Your other perennials will grow in around the bulbs just fine. In my gardens, I plant spring flowering bulbs in the fall right in with my perennials. When the bulbs are done flowering, my perennials take over. Happy gardening!

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Jul 03, 2018
    If they are bulbs that are safe in the cold - just leave them alone. They will rebloom next year.