Will my trees die if I transplant them now?

+3
I've heard early spring and fall, are the best times to transplant trees. Will mine die if I transplant now? June 7th?
  • Tam 15076171 Tam 15076171 on Jun 08, 2017
    First of all what kind of tree is it and how long has it been growing and are you wanting to put it in a sunny area where it may have usually been in shade or vise versa there several things you have to factor in. So if you can tell me that I can answer you better.

• No, they will not die. Technically it is still Spring. Not knowing what tree you are transplanting, or where you live, I would just be sure to water well, twice a day, if necessary to help get the roots established in its new home.

• Anita.Kettlehake Anita.Kettlehake on Jun 08, 2017
    Fall, the ground is moist during this time of year and the roots won't dry out as badly.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 08, 2017
    the suggested time for transplanting is in the fall before they go dormant or in the spring before the new growth emerges.What trees are you referring to and what is your location?

• Reiner MacPhail Reiner MacPhail on Jun 08, 2017
    I'm located in Canada, it's a red maple tree.

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jun 12, 2017
    This is probably the only time that the ground isn't frozen there so you should go for it , but be aware that there will probably be little in the way of production for a few seasons .