What causes part of your lawn to start dying even tho you water it t

+5
We planted sod about 5 years ago in our back yard. This year part of it is dying and the other part is green. It all gets the same water. I do not know how to upload a photo of it.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 15, 2017
    Most likely a fungus due to the uneven weather pattern.the other possibility is moles eating grub.

• Trish Enos Trish Enos on Jun 15, 2017
    you may want to investigate with a landscaper..you may have grubbs

• Cathy Harrington Cathy Harrington on Jun 15, 2017
    you can check for grubs by digging up a shovel full of lawn and checking for grubs. If you have them, you can buy a grub killer at any home store such as Home Depot or Lowes and spread it on the lawn in accordance with the package directions. I have had them on and off for years in one part of my lawn. The grub killer works well and the lawn comes right back.

• Pamela Rascoe Brown Pamela Rascoe Brown on Jun 15, 2017
    or chinch bugs. They start in a small spot and then it grows out on the edges to form a circle. Professional help saves my lawn.

• Linda Linda on Jun 16, 2017
    check to see how deep your soul is. You might have a thin layer of soil over a rock base. Also is it in the same amount of light? Could be tree roots from large trees in the area.

• C.B. C.B. on Jun 16, 2017
    Those grubs could be the lavae form of the crane fly [looks like a giant mosquito]...they eat the roots of the grass. Best to dig under the sod concerned & see if there are any fat grayish looking grubs...if so, kill the ones you find & treat the lawn according to the instructions on the bag purchased at your local garden store.

• Kim Kim on Jun 16, 2017
    grubs

• Tami Stone Tami Stone on Jun 16, 2017
    Mole Crickets eat the roots of the grass.