What is the better kind of vegetable garden fertilizer?

+3
Is the dry kind you work in or sprinkle on, animal manure or the wet kind you put on with a sprayer like Miracle grow?
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 12, 2017
    Do not use manure at this time.That should have been cured and put in before the plants. Use a water solable fertilizer for vegetables only.

• Get16151378 Get16151378 on Jun 12, 2017
    I agree, Miracle Grow works wonders.

• Me Me on Jun 12, 2017
    i'm sort of partial to cow manure,
    Holstein in particular, i prefer it fresh, mix it in a bit when tilling for the start of the season, or if you're already planted, top dress the garden, and let rain and watering make it's own tea and slow release

• Jerry Jerry on Jun 13, 2017
    Manure can have lots of weed seeds and can be too "hot" for your vegetables. I prefer a dry 15-15-15 dropped into the furrow and watered in. Frequent light applications are better than one big dose. Foliar applications are great but it is difficult to get enough nutrient into the plant for veggies. Foliar sprays are better for flowers.

• Jody Price Jody Price on Jun 13, 2017
    If you start your garden with manure tilled into the soil, you will not need another fertilizer for this season.

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Jun 13, 2017
    I usually use the dry, right before rain is forecast. I work some air into the soil, making a circle around the veggie, then sprinkle some fertilizer in and work it into the soil again.