What is the minimum height that fruit tree can have to produce fruit ?

Fruit tree are planted in my house' backyard
  • SandyG SandyG on May 27, 2017
    It's more about the age of a fruit tree than the height for bearing fruit. Check on Stark Brothers Fruit trees and they have some good information.

• Rob7453153 Rob7453153 on May 28, 2017
    That's right. Fruit trees need to be at least 2-3 years old before they start to grow fruit. The most important thing to create favorable conditions is correct pruning. You need to remove suckers at the bottom and cut away small branches that are crowding the bigger branches so that they get more nutrients and light. I recommend a professional arborist to start your fruit trees out right, and if you pay attention to what he does you will be able to prune them yourself the following year.

• Cindy Cindy on May 28, 2017
    I grew up with a pear tree in the yard. (boy, those pears were so good). You should prune it every 1 - 2 years. But remember the old rule of thumb: From Spring thru Fall only prune during months that have the letter "R" in its name. For example you can prune in April but not May. May doesn't have the letter R in it. You should be able to harvest if it's a couple years old. Hope this helps. Good luck.