What makes hibicus leaves turn yellow and die?

I live in South Texas and my hibicus plants tend to not flower well and the leaves turn yellow daily and die. What can I do? I move them out of the sun when it gets very hot in the summer yet that doesn't seem to help.

• Rowgop (Pam) Rowgop (Pam) on Jan 03, 2018
    Light: Hibiscus are full-sun plants. Lack of sunlight can cause overall yellowing of the leaves. On the other hand, if the plant is getting sunburned, the leaves can get yellow or white splotches. Insect Infestation: Spider mites and aphids are two major pests of hibiscus that can cause leaf damage and discoloration.

• Molly Anmar Molly Anmar on Jan 03, 2018
    Your problems could be from a number of things, from a nutritional deficiency, pests or soil acidity. Your first move will be to have your soil tested at your county extension service office.

• SueBee SueBee on Jan 04, 2018
    Having grown up with many hibiscus plants in our Florida yard, I know them to "molt" frequently. They are heavy feeders and drinkers. If yours are in pots, you will need to water them at least daily in hot months, maybe twice. Allowing them to dry out will definitely cause yellowing. Also feed regularly with a balanced fertilizer. Find a local nursery that sells lady bug larvae and scatter them around the base of the plant at dusk. Hibiscus are notorious for aphids, and lady bugs will help keep them at bay and from spreading to other plants!