When is the best time of summer to trim bushes and ttees

+4
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on May 25, 2017
    Bushes with blooms, wait until after they bloom before you trim. Most trees should be trimmed after leaves fall off or early fall.

• Donpaulin Donpaulin on May 26, 2017
    For gosh sakes, contact your local Extension Office! Or, a garden center. What you will get from this site is not likely to be correct -- because you did not tell us WHERE you live!

• MJ MJ on May 26, 2017
      Spot on, Donpaulin! Not only do we not know where Lamunt lives, but also what shrubs and trees are on the property.

• MJ MJ on May 26, 2017
    Sorry, Lamunt, you're not going to get off easy with your question. If you don't know the plants, take pix and/or samples to your Ext Office or garden center. Best of luck, sincerely.

• Trim what? It depends upon the tree or shrub. If too much trimming is done during the hot summer months, you could harm the plant or tree. What specifically do you have to help you better?

• Maureen Raymond Maureen Raymond on May 27, 2017
    after they have flowered

• Aprille Aprille on May 27, 2017
    I was taught to not trim my shrubs before the new growth (lighter shade of green) turned a darker shade of green. Then you only have to trim them once a year. Before I learned this, I was having to trim twice a season - too much work!