Why do the leaves on my house plants turn brown?

+4
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead Ann Cherkas Halstead on Dec 01, 2017
    too much watering.

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 01, 2017
    Or not enough... also some house plants are sensitive to heating in winter... the air is too dry and the temps too warm

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 01, 2017
    Stick your finger in the soil (or use a water meter) if the soil is damp... wait a day or two

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Dec 01, 2017
    There could be several reasons - The lighting could be wrong, they could be getting too much water, or not enough water...they may need fertilizer....they may be root-bound and need to be transplanted into a larger pot, they could have some sort of pest or disease affecting them, etc.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 01, 2017
    One more thing is to be sure you water deep but don't water the leaves. It should only need weekly watering if you do that. When I do that weekly watering, I take them to my sink and water until it runs out of the bottom. Then I leave them in my sink to drain any excess water. That helps clear out old stagnant water and refreshed the entire plant.

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 01, 2017
    Need more info or better yet pics. Too vague.

• FL FL on Dec 02, 2017
    Too much sun, not enough or too much water.