Why haven't some of my amaryllis bloomed this year?

+2
Left them in ground Over winter. Lots of foliage healthy looking too.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 24, 2017
    what is your location?When were the bulbs planted ? What lighting are they in? How did you plant them? Questions needed for answers

• Kathy Kathy on May 24, 2017
    Overwatering is the biggest reason for failure. I have attached a sourChe for Amaryillis care.

• Julie Julie on May 25, 2017
    If you live where the late freeze that could be the problem. Or you could have them planted too deep. You might want to check to see if soil has built up around the bulbs since you planted them. I live near Savannah and some of mine did not bloom as usual this year.

• Danielle Odin Danielle Odin on May 26, 2017
    They are usually reluctant to blooming if they have been repotted. They like to be a little root bound.

• Mary Mary on May 28, 2017
    You need to rub gently off the old growth like onion peel. They need to breath and they like almost out of the ground and crowded. Sometimes when they are transplanted they wont bloom for two years. If the foliage is good, check the internet for tips in your area.