Would someone tell me what kind of trees these two are?

+10
These are from two different trees. They are at a park by me. I live in Indiana if that helps.

q would someone tell me what kind of trees these two are
This has orangey flowers on it.
This one had strings of beads in clusters all over the tree.
  • William William on May 22, 2017
    First one is a Tulip Tree. Second is Cottonwood.

• Muc7872009 Muc7872009 on May 23, 2017
    The tree that blooms the oranhe/green flowers is called a Tulip Poplar I believe. My father had planted two of these trees in our front yard probably 60+ years ago now. The home place no longer has the house, due to fire, but these two beautiful trees are still there.

• Lanie Dreer Lanie Dreer on May 23, 2017
    We have something similar to the flower pic here in FL. We call it an Orchid Tree. People stop and ask for the pods to grow their own, because it's such a beautiful flower. Ours is purple.

• See 2 previous
    • Lanie Dreer Lanie Dreer on May 25, 2017
      Google says call local FL Lowes, to check availability. That's the whole tree, $65. ETSY seems to have seeds available.... I'd just google "purple Orchid tree for sale near me." Good luck!

• Gardengraz Gardengraz on May 23, 2017
    Yes, the first is Tulip Poplar (Liriodendron tulipifera). Very large tree, beautiful blossoms.

• Bonnie Bonnie on May 23, 2017
    We have those trees, very beautiful and smells good. Glad to know the name Thank Gardengraz

• Connie Connie on May 24, 2017
    my house in Cincinnati was surrounded by Tulip trees but they technically are not poplars. liriodendron tulipifera. Loved the flowers

Here's a pic of the flower from this March (2017). Sorry for the messy desk! So it's really a dark pink, but considered purple. The leaf is similar to the one on the left in your photo.