Convert raised bed into part garden part seating with hidden storage

Liz
by Liz
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on May 20, 2017

Hi Liz! Can you please clarify your question? Would this be an outdoor piece?

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on May 20, 2017

I found this company online that sells something like that. To convert an already standing raised bed, I am assuming you would need to add a frame around the outer edge of your beds, and then cover them with a hinged top of some sort. Be aware that when you do this, it will slightly limit your access to your plants (more reaching), plus the items in the storage area would need to be somewhat water and moisture proof so they would hold up when you are watering your plants, etc.

• Liz Liz on May 20, 2017

Thank you for your search effort. I finally designed a 6 x 12 raised bed with Lincoln log joints.. half is garden and half is seating, I got a rigid trellis 4x 8 the seat side will have a drop down front with a combination lock on the seat side. trellis will act aa a divider and back for the seat. I have designed is so I can store a walking lawn mower.

Liz