Easy Garden in small space

I'd like to start a small garden on a deck so that the wildlife does not eat my vegetables. I'm looking for an easy and low cost option.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 26, 2017
    Containers for tomatoes,and peppers? What else do you grow?

• Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on May 26, 2017
    Go vertical! You can use a ladder or stairs to put window boxes on or make a vertical planter from recycled eavestrough.

• Jeanne Martin Jeanne Martin on May 27, 2017
    I bought these self watering containers at Home Depot for $25 each and they are wonderful! On wheels so you can roll them around easily. Here's a couple of pics...I'm a newbie at gardening so my advice is not to plant cabbage or cauliflower in these!! (Giant leaf plants). But all are doing great! You just fill the tube until Water comes out the "holes" on the sides near the bottom, about every 2 days or so. I have 3 of them, one for herbs and the other two I tried lettuce, strawberries, cauliflower and cabbage.

P.S. I did the marigolds on both sides of my veggie plants because my Mom swore they helped keep the pests (bugs) away.