How to Hang flower planters?

+17
I painted these cute planters and wanted to put them on a shelf, but having problems with figuring right hardware to use to hang these up under my window seal! I try useing these tiny washer and soda can tabs to use for hanging, but the screw came out of the shelf and also the metal soda tab broke! So what can I do or even don't use the shelf and what other things can I use to hang these flower planters
q hanging flower planters
q hanging flower planters
q hanging flower planters
  • Cindy Cindy on Jun 12, 2018
    Hi Heather. I think your shelves were probably too heavy weight for the pop tabs. I would use L Brackets to hang these shelves. They are made with metal and are very secure. Your flower boxes look great. I can tell all the work you put into them. Best wishes.

• See 4 previous
    • Heather Heather on Jun 13, 2018
      Pls screwing on the pop tabs onto the shelfs cracked the shelf that's why I wonder if I miswell ditch the added shelf idea witch if it could work be super cute

• William William on Jun 12, 2018
    Those shelves are curio shelves made for knick knacks. They hang on screw heads using the key hole brackets on the shelves. I agree with using steel L Brackets to mount the shelves.

• See 1 previous
    • Heather Heather on Jun 13, 2018
      Maybe add small peaces of planks onto my crates and then put the L brackets!? What do u think?

• William William on Jun 14, 2018
    Adding the planks would work. Sometimes you have to improvise.

• See 1 previous
    • Heather Heather on Jun 14, 2018
      Not sure if u answer this, but for size of the planks what width of the planks should I get? Plus I have nothing to cut the planks with & or where I could go to find them? Oh wait my moms bf should have something to cut the length size I need! Still the rest not sure abt

• William William on Jun 14, 2018
    You can mount 4" or 6" angle brackets under the window and then place the planter boxes on them. Screw through the bottom of the planters so they don't fall off.

• Heather Heather on Jun 14, 2018
      Yea figured that before even putting potting soil in planters screw from inside of planter to the top & bottom of the L plus I should still use washers as well too agree? Plus agree with all I said?
      But after doing all of that I could put regular nails in siding of house up under, but not directly touching and hang them cute shelf for extra cuteness so it would appear that the planters are sitting on the shelf?! Whatcha think?

• William William on Jun 14, 2018
    Yes use washers for added support and strength. .Sounds good with the shelf underneath. Would look cute.

• William William on Jun 27, 2018
    They look just lovely. You did a great job. Pat yourself on the back for job well done!

• See 1 previous
    • Heather Heather on Jun 28, 2018
      Oh I posted a project suggestion with a pic of what I could do with it take a look and let me know ur thoughts OK!

• William William on Jun 28, 2018
    Perfect! Love the two smaller planters rather than one long one.