What is the best flower pot material to plant herbs in?

+3
What is the best flower pot material to plant herbs in? Terra-cott, porcelain, metal or glass?
  • Lora Lora on Jun 01, 2017
    The terra-cotta is going to dry out faster, but doesn't really matter as long as you have a drainage hole.

• Amanda Grimh Amanda Grimh on Jun 01, 2017
    All of those planters will work. Although, if you use a terra-cotta planter I would suggest painting the exterior of the planter & to maybe put a natural sea sponge under the soil to decrease issues with your herbs drying out.

• All will work, BUT my preference is terra cotta or some sort of ceramic, glazed or unglazed pots. Reason: where I live it gets REALLY hot in summer. Even 8:00 a.m. sun can "cook" the roots in metal or glass.

• Treva Kirby Adams Treva Kirby Adams on Jun 01, 2017
    Terra cotta works well to distribute moisture and keep roots cooler.

• MamaJoy MamaJoy on Jun 02, 2017
    I just planted what I call my "bucket o' herbs" in a 5 gallon dill pickle bucket. They are doing great and will so long as I keep them watered & fertilized. (Drilled holes around the bottom for drainage).

• Itsmemic Itsmemic on Mar 17, 2018
    I always use terra cotta for edibles. And sorry Mamajoy..somehow a pickle bucket isn't very eye pleasing. Although I suppose you can decorate it !!