How best to use burlap coffee bags as containers for my annuals?

• Cheryl Cheryl on May 24, 2017
    That's a cool idea! I would line them with garden plastic to prevent rotting material. Or you could set potted plants inside them . Hope this was helpful!

• Kathy Travis Kathy Travis on May 24, 2017
      Yes you have been helpful. Your comment brought to mind a use for my stockpile of kitty litter pails and jugs. I'm excited to try this project. Maybe I should either stuff something around the containers or wrap them with a material to get the sagging bag look that my imagination has in mind. Either way you have started a brainstorming and I appreciate you taking the time to post to me.

• Rambie Rambie on May 29, 2017
    What about moss balls? Where you take your plants and wrap them in moss real tight tie with string, wrap your burlap around it ( When I did it in a class we used cheese cloth) then you display them in indirect sun are and water them every three or four days soaking the roots and letting the excess water drain out. Just a thought.