How can I make a rocks and plants area for my wet yard?

• Jeanette S Jeanette S on Dec 30, 2018

Janet,

I don't know where you live, but in most places you can go to a place that supplies dirt and sand and buy rather large, but manageable, size rocks.

I had a place that I could not mow because of tree roots so I made a rock garden around the base of the tree. The tree was damaged in a storm and has since been taken down, I had my workers stack the rock over to the side.

When I looked at the stack, I decided to just keep it and build around it. I am attaching a photo. Then I received a gift from Hubs of a metal flower and have since added a shepherd's pole with a metal birdhouse in the shape of a yellow sunflower. I call this my "non-growing, no work" garden!

• How wet is the yard? You might want to address that issue first. You can regrade the area for proper run off, bring in fill dirt and top soil. Then design a garden.

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jan 01, 2019

I would start with a large mound of dirt get bags place it were you want then fix dirt and start putting rocks around it then it will fall in place