I don't bend well, so how high is too high for a raised vegetable bed?

+3
  • Diane Diane on Jun 04, 2017
    I think you can make it as high as you need it. You will need more fill however. Where will you build it.

• Judy Ferrell Judy Ferrell on Jun 05, 2017
    Build it as high as you need. Just remember you have to be able to reach high enough to gather things.

• Ann Gaddis Ann Gaddis on Jun 05, 2017
    Raise the bed completely off the ground ..have a box made, add legs ,you decide how high, there are lots of plans for raised beds that can be worked in from a standing position. keep your plants low. Good luck

• Brenda Brenda on Jun 05, 2017
    I agree with both comments above. I would also suggest you use a chair to plan and gather so try one out to see what is comfortable for you

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jun 05, 2017
    As high up as works for you! It will make all the difference- best of luck!

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jun 05, 2017
    Just make sure you will be able to reach across the bed, or can get at it from both sides so you can weed, plant, etc.. comfortably. Height of the planter makes no difference, access is important, especially since you have trouble bending.