Raised gardening beds

+3
Does anyone know if wood gardening beds can be painted or stained. Would this be harmful to vegetables or flowers? Thank you for any information you may be able to provide.
  • FL FL on May 25, 2017
    Great question! I poked around and found that others share your concern. Here is a website that has an all encompassing amount of information on paints, stains, indoor, outdoor, etc. Good luck!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 25, 2017
    what is the wood made out of?

• Marty Marty on May 25, 2017
    5 are made from cedar and I think the other 2 are pine

• Kim Kim on May 26, 2017
    Any "treated" wood is not advisable for edibles. Also be aware that the chemicals used can get into the ground water system through the earth.

• Dmotan Dmotan on May 26, 2017
    Chemicals are chemicals no matter what, paint or stain. I would just leave them alone and never use salt treated wood or railroad ties as full of chemicals. Cedar is a good choice as it has a natural repellent in it and doesn't rot so fast.

• Marty Marty on May 26, 2017
    Thank you for all your help. I guess I will just have to live with ugly. A hometalker living with ugly, imagine that.