What do i have to do to my lawn to keep sections from drying up?

+1

I have some sections that get watered well each day but dry up fast and the grass dies in the center and doesn;t come back. I added some soil to the spots but apparently the subsoil needs to be fixed. What should i do short of digging it all up?

• Oliva Oliva on Jul 10, 2018
    try top dressing with mushroom manure. If unsuccesful, will most likely need rototilled and sufficient quantities of composted cow manure added, then reseed. Summer can be brutal to lawns.

• Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Jul 10, 2018
    There are so many reason for those sections that dry up. We have some too in our yard and we had added dirt as you did with no luck. Here is an article we are using to help us repair ours - http://homeguides.sfgate.com/treat-dry-spots-grass-69617.html

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Jul 10, 2018
    Hi Charlie, The best time to cut the grass, is early morning, and when the sun goes down. Your grass might be getting burnt. The water is drying up, because you water it when the sun's out. The worst time is between 10 am & 2 pm. Good Luck!

• Stones Stones on Jul 10, 2018

Charlie....watch for voles.......not moles they really eat the roots...last year I caught 26 and this year I caught 3......moles like bugs worms and voles love roots,.......I caught one mole last year....