How do I makeover a rental?

+2
  • Gk Gk on Jan 03, 2019

Hello Christine! Is this a rental you are living in or one that you are renting out? What rooms did you want to make over? Give us some more information to get some great suggestions and answers!

• Katie Sara Creates Katie Sara Creates on Jan 03, 2019

Temporary wallpaper is a great product to use in a rental space. It comes in a variety of patterns and colours, and can be purchased from a number of retailers!

You can also get ideas off of Pinterest by looking up things like "renter-friendly decorating."

• If you’re renting, be sure to talk to your landlord first about what you can and can’t do. If you’re the owner, fresh paint does wonders as does changing out things like cabinet pulls or other simple upgrades.

• Bek Bek on Jan 03, 2019

If you are renting, you can also cover walls with lightweight fabrics by first soaking the fabric in liquid starch, wringing, and smoothing onto the wall. When you are ready to leave, simply pull down and sponge the wall lightly. This is what I did for YEARS until the new, removable wall papers came out, and still do when I see a fabric I really love.

Cabinet and drawer pulls can be replaced with the same sized pulls. Simply tuck the originals away safely to re-attach when you leave.

• Lindsay Aratari Lindsay Aratari on Dec 31, 2019

I would focus on the decor/accents. Bring in fun rugs, pillows, furniture, indoor plants.