The old paint in my house has bubbles in it, how do I get rid of them?

+1
  • William William on May 31, 2017
    Use fine sandpaper (150 - 200 grit), gently sand and feather the edges.

• Marcie Marcie on Jun 04, 2017
    Yes to what william shared. If it's a large area of bubbling, you'll want to redo the whole wall (I would even with a small area, but I 'm a p ainter, so I'm picky).
    No matter what , after you sand, you'll want to prime the area so that it doesn't happen again.

• Suzette Suzette on Jun 04, 2017
    Hi Melissa. I have to ask myself, why is the paint bubbling? Is your home hot and humid? Too much heat and moisture will cause this to happen to paint and wallpaper. You may want to consider a dehumidifier if this is the case. If you don't address the underlying problem, it will more than likely happen again.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Jun 04, 2017
    You might think of "popping" the bubbles with a needle or razor blade, but don't. The surface of the paint has been stretched by the air beneath it, so it would never settle back into place smoothly. If this is an outside wall, you might have an insulation problem. But bubbles are usually caused by wall that aren't primed and painting that is not done correctly. Sorry about that, but best wishes anyway 😇