I antiqued my kitchen cabinets in 2017, but didn't like the way they turned out. The results were too dark, and had a yellow tint from using polyurethane coating. I should have researched and used a non-yellowing variety, you know what they say about hindsight. I decided to repaint this year as many remodeling projects are done. It is a slow project, as I'm doing small sections at a time and not trying to take on the whole kitchen at once like I did the last time.
I started working on my "redo" in Jan. 2020. I worked on it a section at a time, when it was raining or cold, and my outdoor activities were limited. I used our extra bedroom as a work shop, after putting old sheets on the furniture to protect it from dust and paint. I decided to add a wood icing type of embellishment of flowers on the top row cabinet doors, and purchased a stencil just for this. I also wanted to add a hidden trash can cubby where the kitchen counter had a 'desk' area built in. Prior to this, we had to enter the pantry for recycle and leftover/food source trash cans. I compost the veggie leftovers, but use a can for leftovers that don't go in my trash compactor or garbage disposal. I started on the trash can cubby first. After experimenting with a version of a slide out with 2 cans in a frame, and also with tilt out versions, I settled on 2 individual pull out cans. I still have some trim components around the trash cubby to completely finish and paint. I am currently working on the laundry end of the kitchen where the large appliance storage area cabinets are located, but the cabinets in the main kitchen area are complete.