Hutch Rescue! DIY Furniture
- sand sand sand SAND
- Wipe down
- lay out materials.
- use shellac zinsser primer and prime the living day lights out of your piece so you get no bleed through. With a cheap foam roller that you will toss after
- fill Wagner spray gun with premier (Canadian tire) eggshell white. (Great paint!!)
- Spray 3 coats of white paint.
- sand the doors!
- stain doors with whatever choice of stain you like. This was a mixture of a white washed oak and sun bleach oak.
- Use poly acrylic miniwax top coat X2 coats.
- attach old hardware and assemble!
Resources for this project:See all materials
Jamie Haas on Apr 05, 2021
Nice job! Love the look of white with the stained wood.
I just discovered chalk paint. In the past, I would have cleaned, sanded and painted, but with chalk paint, only two coats were needed after cleaning old dark stain on oak - no bleed-thru or sanding! I will have to throw a coat of poly on it, but I think it's a time-saver.
Deb Pahlau on Jun 24, 2021
Ok. I just want to say that you have turned furniture refinishing into an art form. I’m always inspired by furniture upgrades, but this is stunning. Beautiful job. Thank you for sharing.