I loved the lines and curves of this beauty. This cabinet popped up on Marketplace and I nabbed it knowing that adding color would be the right thing.
Much to Do With A Hutch
The first step was to disassemble, clean and repair 4 holes in the back where the screws were misaligned and popped through . To repair I used handy Durhams Water Putty. I then removed the back and painted the inside with General Finishes Alabaster.
Adding a vintage bulb and cord will lite up the inside even more. I drilled a hole, fished the cord through, reassembled the socket and added a vintage look bulb.
The back was covered with Waverley material by spraying the back with Locktite spray adhesive. I attached the material in 3 sections. Anchoring the top, then spraying and adhering the material about 10 inches at a time, smoothing it down as I went.
The fun part was adding General Finishes Heirloom paint. It truly brightened up the whole piece. I then sealed it with Min Wax Matte Clear and put the whole thing back together.
The project took two intense days to finish. I am very pleased with the outcome.
It is now a great home for some of our treasured possessions.