Any ideas for people that are renters?

+4
Add color. Need more storage. Anyway to add a back splash in the kitchen? Cover an ugly counter? Hang my own light fixture.
  • Bgoncalves5670 Bgoncalves5670 on Jun 14, 2017
    Well adding color is in pillows , rugs, pictures, you don't want to lose deposit. Backsplash is a toughy , they do make a peal and stick. I at one time used contact paper , lots of choices and it comes off easy for a backsplash . Covered a counter one time too. Couldnt cut on it but it sure was clean and pretty.

• Patricia Patricia on Jun 15, 2017
    I like Bgoncalves idea of using contact paper for a backsplash. To add colors to your walls you could shop the thrift stores for some large framed pictures with vibrant colors. Or purchase a few standard size posters and frame them. For the counters, try a large cutting board that you leave out on the counter, then add a vase with bright artificial flowers. Good luck and have fun decorating your space!

• Judy Lynn Prather Judy Lynn Prather on Jun 15, 2017
    I covered a refrigerator one time with contact paper. It was all scratched up from being moved so many times. It looked really cute. I received lots of compliments on it. I had forgotten that.

I need some storage ideas. One bathroom for two adults. A small bathroom. A very small kitchen I think with one draw...lol...oh me, I have to do some down sizing for certain, but I want to be creative how to store things since most will be stored where people will see it. I do have a small utility room and I will put some shelves up high for things I don't use that much and my oldest son was nice and rented a storage unit to put things in. I want cutesy ideas but I never can come up with them myself.

• Debby Debby on Jun 15, 2017
    Judy, We just downsized into a much smaller rental house. I find that command hooks are my best friend. I use them on the inside of cabinets to hold lids, etc. and, of course, I go to the dollar store for storage baskets.

Yes Dollar Store and Dollar Tree are my friend. My eldest brother has to go to every Dollar Tree in every town . He says they are all different. He is always looking for ways to store things in his RV. But living in the same thing all the time gets boring, white walls, white floors. I did see an article one time, someone found a piece of flooring and cut it to fit the bathroom floor and had a different floor and didn't damage anything in doing it. I keep forgetting that idea.

• 861650 861650 on Jun 26, 2017
    What about removable contact paper? Go ahead and put up your light fixture just keep the old one and hang it up when you leave. Change the kitchen drawer and cabinet pulls. Keep old ones and put the back in. If the holes do not match, drill your own. When you buy the light fixture get the hole filler at the same time.
    One Hometalker made a floor cloth with a matching valance with painters cloth. Another used Rustoleum countertop enamel (the tintable kind in quart jars) and not the full kit transformation.