Budget Friendly Kitchen Backsplash?

+5
We are on a super tight home upkeep budget, like everything is DIY. However, I am in kitchen upgrade mode and am painting everything from the walls, to the trim and maybe even our kitchen cupboards. I'd like to do something with our backsplash wall. The current color scheme I'm going with is orange and teal. Any ideas for a super budget tight DIYer? I always liked the tile look, but my husband thinks that would make it look too busy (he's into simple and light).
  • Sharon Sharon on Jun 17, 2017
    Textured wall paper..you can even paint it.

• Lora Lora on Jun 17, 2017
    You can mod podge some decorative paper onto it and seal it. You could also even use contact paper as long as your wall is smooth.

• Cindy Cindy on Jun 17, 2017
    Hi E luther, Check out a store called "Hobo's" (Home Owner Bargain Outlet). We purchased our back splash tile there and saved about 70%. We thought we hit the jackpot. It was considerably less than prices we saw at Home Depot or Lowe's. phone is 815/ 730-8340 good luck

• Gail Hoak Gail Hoak on Jun 17, 2017
    Amazon sells peel and stick tile. Looks just like the real thing without all the mess and work. Used it on my decorative fireplace surround and looks just wonderful. Another option is embossed metal ceiling tiles. They look absolutely awesome as a back splash.

• Jhmarie Jhmarie on Jun 17, 2017
    The textured, paintable wallpaper recommended by Sharon comes in a beadboard and tin tile pattern. Google it for pictures of how others have used it.

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jun 18, 2017
    The peel and stick ones are great! Got mine on Amazon and it wasn't expensive at all...

• Charly Charly on Jun 18, 2017
    Are you a Miami Dolphins fan?

• Adam Eng Adam Eng on Jun 20, 2017
    you should go to your local lowes and browse their clearance section.. i would visit it every week or so and see what peeks your interest