How can I update these kitchen cabinets?


How can i update these kitchen cabinets

q cabinets

Kitchen will be paint pale yellow with red trim. Floor is same color as cabinets

  14 answers
  • Annie Annie on Dec 28, 2019

    There are quite a few really great projects on painting cabinets, if you wanted to.

  • Is there away i can update them without painting. I am renting

  • I would remove the handle, fill in the hole, then prime and paint the cabinets. Good luck!

  • Gk Gk on Dec 28, 2019

    You could use some strippable wall paper on the flat panels where the hardware is now. Remove the hardware and clean the wood well. Apply the wall paper and replace handles. I might even go so far as to spray paint those handles a different color even if you are renting! I don't think you can get away with anything else!

  • Thanks i will try that

    • Dwp7470b Dwp7470b on Dec 28, 2019

      Get Contact Paper: Black, Stainless Steel or Chrome. Mostly Any landlord will approve. Remove the Handles before applying the Contact Paper.

  • Natalie Natalie on Dec 28, 2019

    You can easily change out that hardware! It looks like they just have one hole.

    If it needs to be removeable, you could definitely put removeable wallpaper in the flat panels to give them some fun details.

    You could also refresh the wood with some hemp oil!

  • Pamela Pamela on Dec 29, 2019

    Hi! I would remove the hardware and cut beadboard to fit in the space , glue it down and caulk around the edges . Then I would paint it with advance paint by Benjamin Moore , which needs no sanding or primer !!! Just clean well with Krud Kutter de greased first , then 2 coats of paint . Then put on new hardware and you will have a new kitchen !!! Good luck !!!

  • Will this be easy to remove, if i have to.

  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Dec 29, 2019

    Monica....I would clean well, remove hardware then paint with chalk paint which does not require sanding. Add some new hardware and I believe you will have some nice cabinets.

  • Libbie B Libbie B on Dec 29, 2019

    These can be beautiful. Remove the dated hardware and fill in the holes with wood putty. Sand them and clean with TSP. Once clean use a gel stain or chalk paint. Find some hardware you love and they will be GORGEOUS!

  • Lindsay Aratari Lindsay Aratari on Dec 31, 2019

    You could change the hardware and paint them

  • I used a kit by Rust-Oleum called Cabinet Transformations to paint my cabinets. You can see how I did it here: I also added new hardware too.

  • DD DD on Jan 03, 2020

    Instead of painting since you are renting maybe using removable (peel and Stick) wall covering or removable contact paper in the middle where the handles are. Maybe the landlord will pay for new handles :) If you remove what I think are drawers and the doors you can the cover that section also.

  • By moving the pull and filling in the hole and placing near them the edge like most cabinets...and then paint the cabinets!