Ceramic tile kitchen countertop, any way to cover?

+9
q ceramic tile kitchen countertop any way to cover
  • Jan218632 Jan218632 on Jan 04, 2018
    I would like to know this too. I have tile in my bathroom that’s just not what I want.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 04, 2018
    Make a drop on top over counter..........

• While this may not be what you want it is in great shape!

• Joe Pollarine Jr Joe Pollarine Jr on Jan 05, 2018
    Stonecoatcountertops.com. Cover any type of countertops fir little money

• Necole Necole on Jan 05, 2018
    I would use self leveling concrete. Once level you can put whatever you want on top of it. I have been wanting concrete countertops and they make a white concrete that can be tinted to other colors. So that’s what I would do. But you could also do a butcher block look or paint it to look like granite even. Good luck!

• Gimme Gimme on Jan 05, 2018
    I have plastic tiles on my wall but didn't have the money to replace them (large kitchen) so I primed with Kilts twice and painted them, it has lasted 10 years so far and counting! I plan on painting a different color in the spring. Maybe try a small area to see if it works on ceramic. Hope this helps

• Brenda P Brenda P on Jan 06, 2018
    We covered our old counter tops with porcelain tile. There are many colors and styles available.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jan 07, 2018
    These tiles seem to have a very deep grouting lines, which to me seem impractical in a kitchen because hard-to-clean food and bacteria can get stuck in.
    Price out all tools, materials and labour for any 'covering' ideas first. Then price out purchasing brand new pieces of laminate countertop - come with a rounded backsplash, and rounded front, in standard lengths. Sides can be cut straight to fit beside appliances and walls.
    It might be more cost effective, faster, and easier to remove the tiles, and put on the new laminate. Easier to clean, and lower maintenance too.

• Kmc29692972 Kmc29692972 on Jan 07, 2018
    I used Countertop Epoxy to completely redo my ceramic kitchen counter. I first filled in the grout lines with spackling, sanded smooth, covered everything I didn't want epoxied, then mixed the 2 parts and poured. It flows over the edge and self levels. When it hardens it's shiny and smooth as glass, anti-microbial, scratch resistant, and holds up to 500 degree pans from the oven. Colors and designs are endless. Whole kitchen cost about $600 (probably 36 sq ft). Go to www.countertopepoxy.com.