Do appliance makers make a electric down draft 33" ?

+4
When we remodeled our kitchen 20 years ago the only thing we kept was our drop in counter jenair glass top & grill noa we would like to replace it with slide in range & get quartz counter tops but cabinate we woulx be takingout is 33"& i havn't found a range right size to slide in - any ideas on our delima . Thank you . Cheryl Griffith - Illinois
q do appliance makers make a electric down draft 33
  • Lis24462707 Lis24462707 on Jun 14, 2017
    I believe that a standard size range for your space is 30." Speak with the business
    selling the range for ideas for covering the gap. In viewing your photo it looks like
    the range will be butting up against a wall or refrigerator so the gap may not be a
    concern.

• Danielle Odin Danielle Odin on Jun 14, 2017
    Standard sizes for cook tops is 30" and 36" unless you get the ones that fit the tiny houses that are starting to show up. I think they offer a 24". You might check it out.

• Gina Gina on Jun 15, 2017
    If the stove is next to the refrigerator than you definitely want something between it and the fridge. The heat from the stove will mess with the temperature in the fridge. And 24 inch stoves are pretty common. I got one for my apartment. But! The gas stoves do not have a self cleaning oven but the electric ones do. I went with electric. That also means with electric you do not need an exhaust fan and 24 inch exhaust fans are not common and very, very expensive. If I find I do need an exhaust my contractor will put in one of the old fashioned ones that go through the wall with a pull chain. It will fit with the decor of the exposed brick but I would not want one if it did not fit the style.

• Jeannie.mcquaid Jeannie.mcquaid on Jun 15, 2017
    Go with a 30" and put a narrow pull out between the stove and the fridge. It can store baking sheets, cake pans etc. that won't be impacted by heat from the oven and provide a thermal break between stove and fridge.

• Charly Charly on Jun 15, 2017
    I would take it out completely and put it in a center island. Regain my counterspace and get extra storage by the island. I would even make it big enough to actually have 1 or 2 stools around it where family or friends can sit and talk while I' cooking.

• Maggie Kimble-Bernard Maggie Kimble-Bernard on Jun 15, 2017
    Do your own research. Its difficult to tell someone what to do without being there.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jun 16, 2017
    The reason hometalk.com has an "Ask Question" section is for people who need a little help with someone who has experience who and can help or point them in the right direction. Many people will still have to do some research but the question section can give them a place to start. Most of the time a person with some general knowledge can help with ideas without being there. If you don't feel you can help, that's okay. Simply move one. Someone will find some ideas or make a suggestion that might work or at least get a person thinking in a better direction for their project.