Grout seams?


Can a seam in my marble countertop be repaired? It was to wide & the product they used to join the pieces looks awful & is very noticeable. If it can’t be fixed I’ll have to have it redone !

  6 answers
  • Zard Pocleeb Zard Pocleeb on Aug 26, 2020

    Call the company that did the installation...they should stand behind their work.

  • Nan W. Nan W. on Aug 26, 2020

    Marilyn: I agree... contact the company that installed it! If they do not give you satisfaction, contact your local TV station, Better Business Bureau, or, certainly, Yelp!

  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Aug 26, 2020

    Sounds like someone measured wrong and tried to make it work, just too short to fit properly. Or there were voids and/or gaps in the side edges of the marble that prevented the 2 pieces from lining up and coming together smoothly. Either way it needs to be professionally addressed.

    The installers need to come back and replace or correctly repair the counter top.

  • Oliva Oliva on Aug 26, 2020

    Hi, Marilyn,

    You do not want a wide gap, even if filled with sealant. Redcactec sounds right about the mismeasurement. If you don't receive acceptable action, demand it be redone. It's your money. You should receive that for which you paid.

  • Mogie Mogie on Aug 26, 2020

    Call whatever business installed this and let them know there is a problem. Most legitimate companies want to make their customers happy.

    Does your contract mention this?

  • Whoever installed it needs to come back and redo it.